As I write this I'm sitting at a dance recital that includes several friends and their kids. I go to these about once a year and love supporting my friends and their kids. They are always very good.
Anyway, I didn't realize until I arrived that this year's recital was dedicated to a little girl, a dance student, who died of cancer late last year. They are raising money for a charity in her name, which is very sweet.
We're about 3/4 of the way through when the emcee announces, her voice breaking, that the next little girl is dedicating her dance to her friend Brogan (the little girl who passed away) and that she is wearing the costume that Brogan had picked out for her next performance.
As she took the stage everyone got silent, and you could tell she had tears in her eyes. She danced beautifully to a song about a butterfly flying away. When she was done everyone stood and clapped, as she ran to her mom and hugged her and cried. It was a beautiful, bittersweet moment.
And yes, I cried too. Was there any doubt? It struck me though that this was a "God moment", one of those times when we as humans, even for a brief moment, can become aware of things beyond ourselves and feel God with us. It got me thinking, maybe God is with us all the time, like scripture says, but we are too caught up in ouselves/lives to notice. But then something interrupts us and makes us pause; we realize what matters and tap into our real emotions; and there He is. Then, we move on to the next dance and the moment is over. Hopefully though we are aware enough to recognize it and it sustains us to the next time.
This leaves me with lots to think about; too much for this blog. Suffice it to say this: try to be more aware of your God moments, and thanks, Brogan, for helping me see what matters.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comments!