Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm so emo I could be a Twilight character!

I don't know what it is lately, but I have been so emotional and introspective!  Take last week for example: I was at Wal-Mart and had picked out a card for my Mom for Valentine's Day. As I was exiting the card aisle another card caught my eye, so I stopped, picked it up, read the front, AND STARTED CRYING! IN THE MIDDLE OF WAL-MART!! It was like I found the perfect card that said exactly what I wanted to say to my Mom. So, I composed myself, put the other card back and bought the one that turned me into weepy weeperson. (she loved it by the way).
     I've also been thinking a lot about stuff. My past, my future, my career, my relationships. Maybe it is this time of year that does it to me. Christmas is over and Winter is dragging on. I like Winter but this is probably my least favorite time of year. Maybe that is why I still have my Christmas tree up; it makes me feel happy to see it (don't judge me). 
     Speaking of seasons another thing that makes me emotional is music, and one of the best songs that will make me cry is "Every Season" by Nicole Nordeman. If you haven't heard it add it to your list. Anyway, it describes all of the seasons and how God can be seen in them.  My favorite is when she gets to Spring. As she sings about newness and recreation I start to tear up, and at the line "so it is with you, and how you make me new with every season's change, and so it will be, as you are recreating me, Summer Autumn Winter Spring" I begin bawling. Every time. No joke. I think it is the idea that no matter what I do, have done, or will do He is always recreating me. That makes my heart happy. 
     Finally, another emo story. Today I was thinking about my friend Val and how I'm thankful that we are friends. We shared some really awesome experiences together and she challenges me to constantly think about why I do what I do. So today I thought I would call her and tell her thanks. She responded by saying, and I quote: "Thanks for being my friend too. You know, if you threw a party and invited everyone you knew, you would see the biggest gift would be from me and the card attached would say 'Thank you for being a friend'."  I laughed and laughed (think about it). That's classic Val. Night!


PS- In reference to the title: A friend was discussing on Facebook who would win in a battle between Harry Potter and Edward from Twilight. Someone responded Harry Potter, because a spell can beat a glittery angsty stare any day!

5 comments:

  1. Ha ha! Oh Dave. Its great to talk and laugh with you. Glad I could make you a smiley weeperson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I love the title for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude, i LOVE the blog, and i'm really proud of you for writing. it's great and a good "spiritual" discipline. it helps, even though i know i'm supposed to write, i don't do it enough, but it helps me when i'm feeling "emo" to write. i am really honored you shared this with me and look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that song and it makes me cry, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stacey, I have always pictured you dancing to that song. I think it would be so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!