Food food food food food weight weight weight fat fat fat fat fat fat exercise exercise exercise exercise...frankly, after 33 years I sometimes get SICK OF IT ALL! Trust me, I WANT to be a thin person! I want to hang glide and mountain climb and play basketball and whatever. But I'm a fatty. And I'm limited. That is the bottom line that I can't seem to change. I need to figure out why...do I sabotage myself? Is it genetic? What?
Ok, here is something I want to admit: I don't really want to have surgery to lose weight. However, I feel like I am running out of options. I'm 33 and have Type II diabetes. If I don't do something soon my health is only going to get worse.
I give myself too much leeway I think. I wish I was disciplined like a military man but I'm not. it would make things so much easier for me. I need to stick to a program HARDCORE.
I've been in my place of "not caring" for about 3 months now. It is when I've tried for several months and then just say "F-it!" and stop exercising and eating right. I just get tired. So what can I do.
Well, I think that tomorrow I can eat right. And maybe tomorrow I can get some exercise. I'm not gonna think about the rest of the week. Just...tomorrow. That is my rant for today, see you well, tomorrow!
A then don't you get tired of all of the skinny people trying to give you advice. Or saying "it's so easy. All you have to do is eat better and exercise." Sure, skinny ass, if that works that well then I should've been a skinny rail years ago with all of the dieting and exercising I have done.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree!!! The best one though is "You just need will power". WTF!? LOL.
ReplyDeletePS - I think you are much better at being healthy than me, especially following a program. You don't act like the type of people we mentioned above though. Thanks for the encouragement always!
ReplyDeleteYou are totally beating yourself up! It is really, really, really hard to lose weight and change your lifestyle. And I know that you really, really try! And, the more time you spend thinking about the things that you are not doing, the less time you spend doing the things that you want to. And, for the record, I think that you could play basketball and mountain climb and such if you want to. YOur weight doesn't have to limit you that much. Just take some precautions.
ReplyDeleteI've gained 20 pounds since the summer, so I know how sucky it is to try and get into shape and such. The only time when I've lost a considerable amount of weight was when I exercised for an hour EVERY day at the rec center. I don't have the time for that. And it frustrates me that nothing else seems to work. So how can we motivate each other? I could always lend you Carmen Electra's aerobic striptease :) But seriously. If there is anything that I can do to motivate and/or support you, let me know. I'm also glad to hear that you are deciding what steps are right for you to take (i.e. the surgery). I think that is part of the whole lifestyle modification stuff.
Thanks Val, I appreciate that!
ReplyDeleteJust apply for Biggest Loser. It will make you famous!
ReplyDelete